I hope to be a better friend to those around me.
I hope to be a fantastic lover to my loving partner.
I hope to become a wonderful and loving wife.
I hope to be the best role model and mother that I can be.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mummy's Mini Meatballs

Mini Meatballs

Ingredients:

  • Mince (1kg makes a lot!)
  • Grated Vegetables (Carrot, Zucchini, Squash, Onion... Whatever you have in the fridge)
  • 2 Eggs Beaten
  • Tomato Sauce/Purred Tomato
  • Herbs/Salt and Pepper (Just for a bit of extra flavour)
  • Flour
Method:
  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Get your hands dirty!
  2. Roll meat mixture into balls, if using for lunches make small enough to fit 2-4 on a skewer.
  3. Toss in plain flour.
  4. Heat a little oil and fry in frying pan until cooked through.
  5. Keep adding oil as needed.

To Freeze:
  1. Seperate into equal sized lunch portions (I do 6-8 for both me and Asuka)
  2. Put in either zip lock bags, freezer bags or seperate in large tupperwear container. They do stick together so cling wrap will keep them seperate.
  3. Defrost before putting in lunchbox. These arn't too bad at room temp. Otherwise chuck them in the microwave on a paper towel for a couple of minutes until hot.

Serving Suggestion:
Make 'Meatball Burgers' using skewers. Cut a cherry tomato in half, and use them as the 'hamburger bun'. Start with the bottom of the tomato, add a chunk of cheese, meatball, cheese, meatball, cheese then the top of the tomato. Nice presentation and a yummy cheese+meatball lunch treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment